VISA EXTENSION FOR EXCHANGE STUDENTS
The VISA of most Exchange Students requires an Extension after 60 days of their arrival in Ghana. The VISA for the first time can be extended for only 3 months. Below are the steps to follow to get your VISA Extension.
- Send an email to email@example.com to apply for a Letter of introduction from the Dean of IPO to the Ghana Immigration Service. Please attach your VISA to the email.
- Pick an Application Form for Visitor’s Permit Extension from the Ghana Immigration Service, Dean of Students, J. Happer Building, Commercial Area, KNUST.
- Submit the Letter of Introduction and the Application Form for Visitor’s Permit Extension to Ghana Immigration Service Office, KNUST for processing
- Cost of VISA Extension for 3 months is one-hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢150.00), (cost reviewed periodically)
- You will need a passport photo to complete the Application Form for Visitor’s Permit Extension
- There is a penalty for extending VISA that has expired.